isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Wednesday, April 05, 2006
Wishful Thinking and Six Degrees of Separation
Wishful Thinking:

the weather was so nice this past weekend that I turned off my heat. Period. Done. End of Winter. So, despite the white shit atmospheric dandruff that was blowing around this morning, Spring Is In The House! I don't care if I have to chip ice out of the toilet bowl tomorrow morning - I am damned sure not turning on the freakin heat again. Done!

Six Degrees of Separation:

So: I call my neighbor across the alleyway for a reference on a contractor I'm considering to hire for some brickwork: Good contractor reference = 5 seconds of conversation.

The rest: His son is graduating as an undergrad in my field of graduate study out in the Midwest = One of my earlier mentors is now COO of Northwestern Hospital where his son is studying = hook up for interview. Neighbor is in charge of elite and expensive swim club (with waiting list) on my corner, but might be able to "get me in" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). I calculated the cost per swim, assuming I would go there 3 times a week this summer, and it's still more expensive than yoga classes or a private trainer. And If I have to get the garden wall replaced? So much for the corner Country Club.
posted by Broadsheet @ 11:10 PM  
0 Editorial Opinions:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER