isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Evil...just evil
Well, they've just dismissed us, so I'm free from jury duty for another year.

In what was an evil, Machiavellian twist of unwitting dark humor, once the movie "Hitch" was over, they showed this movie....

It was like nails on a chalkboard....

Now I have to fight rush hour traffic to go into work. Yep - you read that right. It's 5:00 and I'm GOING to work. We have a Faculty dinner meeting tonight. Yay.
posted by Broadsheet @ 4:58 PM  
4 Editorial Opinions:
  • At March 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i was in a court room until 7:30. you were quite lucky to get out by 5. oh, and i was one of the loudly laughing ones :-)

     
  • At March 07, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    OMG - you were the adorable one I walked in with!! We went through security together. Your boyfriend is CUTE. Sorry you got stuck, I just got home from my meeting at 10:15. At least you were having a much better time this morning than I was! Love your blog - I'm a new fan.

     
  • At March 08, 2006, Blogger Cham said…

    Free for a year? I doubt it. I think that is an urban myth. I was called 9 months after one time that I served, that was before I started throwing the notices in the trash.

     
  • At March 08, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    Cham - the rule is one day or one trial per year. If you've served on a trial for 5 days or more, you're exempt for 3 years. I got a summons in Nov. for a January date, and returned it saying I had served within the last year. Turns out, it was just 13 months ago, so off I went yesterday. And yes, they can send a notice after nine months, because they give you three months notice.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER