isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Tuesday, August 23, 2005
Office Artwork
So...I moved in to a lovely office with two completely bare walls. Of the four, one is taken up by a bookcase, and the other wall is entirely a window.

I went through my personal collection of prints and artwork wondering what might be appropriate or interesting for my new office. I have lots of unframed museum posters from around the world that don't feel right. Also, the fact is that my Mom is an artist and my Dad is an architect and even with lots of goodies from their stash, I still couldn't think of anything appropriate for my office.

Today, I discovered that there is someone in our Marketing office who will "decorate" your office for you - for a price. They come to your office, look around, discuss your preferences and document your color scheme .....

And then return with some God awful Thomas Kincaid / Painter of Light - monstrosity and call it "art".

Faced with this option, this is what I had in mind, but I don't think they'll go for it....

posted by Broadsheet @ 10:35 PM  
4 Editorial Opinions:
  • At August 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh go on!! Give it a whirl.
    C

     
  • At August 24, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You would have boobies on your wall. That's awesome.

    Fool

     
  • At August 24, 2005, Blogger acw said…

    The boobs are a million times more appropriate than anything Thomas Kincaid: Painter of Crap has done.

     
  • At August 31, 2005, Blogger jwer said…

    Does it bother anyone else that Kinkade calls himself the "painter of light"?

    IT'S FUCKING REMBRANDT, YOU FUCKING HACK!!!

    (or Vermeer, for that matter)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER