isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Tuesday, August 09, 2005
Explicit Invitation
Dear Blogtimore,

After much hearsay and subterfuge; here it is Baltosphere:

An announcement went out a couple of weeks ago that there will be a gathering at Casa de Broadsheet for friends, neighbors, fellow bloggers, and colleagues this Saturday evening. Details regarding findings of their discovery have got out, and because I am terrible at being entirely inclusive beforehand (the hostess is a well known doofus), I usually find out tragically later that I forgot to invite the "neighbor of the landlord of another good friend", or the " ex co-worker of the new boyfriend", and then my social currency bounces for at least 6 weeks or so (neighborly speaking).

More importantly? I don't want to blog about this party later for folks who can't attend simply because you don't live in / near Baltimore, but who may keep this blog going in spite of it.

So...Dear landlord of my neighbor's best friend, friend's of neighbors, and the internet in general:

There is to be much socializing, music, and food at Casa de Broadsheet on Saturday evening. If you wish to protest, contact me via my Gmail account.

Conversely, if you live in the area and want to attend, contact me via email and I will happily provide directions and details. Local bloggers are extra, extra specially welcome.

Share the love and stop by!!
posted by Broadsheet @ 10:31 PM  
4 Editorial Opinions:
  • At August 10, 2005, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    Well, I'll be there, anyway. You'll have a chance to return my BSG DVD you've had since April!

    (Kidding, kidding about BSG...)

     
  • At August 10, 2005, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    Snay - Did I mention that I spent Girl's weekend tooling around Newport, RI in a Jeep? Without doors or top? We even saw major beach action in the Jeep. Next year, you can be our mascot.

     
  • At August 10, 2005, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    Linda,

    That's great! Going to buy one?

    (For me?)

     
  • At August 11, 2005, Blogger Katie said…

    wow - you balti-bloggers are so active! You let them into your house!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER