isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Monday, August 08, 2005
Girl's Weekend - aftermath
Well, for once, my affliction for bad air travel was minor. Only an hour and a half delay on the flight up to Rhode Island, and an hour delay on the way back last night. Got to have a great lobster dinner on Naragansett Bay and watch the sun set last night, and still got home to Baltimore by midnight.

I managed to forget to put a memory chip in my digital camera, so conveniently there are no photos of our debauchery. But let me just say that when you get a lot of really smart women together, you can count on some really good conversation and a terrific experience. When those same smart women are also scientists, you can also count on decanting a large quantity of home made (award winning, I might add), red wine directly from oak casks into large chemistry beakers, using mouth pipettes to mix different varietals, and also setting up the pipettes to infuse an amazing and impressive amount of spiced rum into a watermelon.

Add a really nice pool, terrific food (fresh vegetables and luscious summer fruits with mascarpone and limoncello), amazing summer weather, and good music, and skinny dipping at midnight is fairly inevitable.

Life does not get much better than that.

I have a sunburn in a few spots and an outbreak of really annoying mosquito bites on my feet and ankles, but I've also got great memories and the knowledge that I have some pretty amazing friends in my life.
posted by Broadsheet @ 9:03 AM  
2 Editorial Opinions:
  • At August 08, 2005, Blogger Frenz said…

    >mascarpone and limoncello

    Linda, please stop making up words. We're all on to you.

    Love,
    The Baltimore Blog Community

     
  • At August 09, 2005, Blogger deanne said…

    One day, I will have weekends like that too.

    Sounds perfect to me.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER