isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Saturday, June 11, 2005
Discrimination
So, I'm surfing the net looking for a 5 night getaway in a few weeks to relax before I start the new job. I find a 5 night cruise out of Baltimore to Bermuda for a little less than $1,000 (all meals, etc..included) with an ocean view cabin! Yay! As soon as I click on "#of passengers = 1", the price jumps from $1,000 to $3,000!

Look - I don't have a problem paying a "single supplement" on vacations, I've been doing it for years, but I do have a problem paying triple the price!

I called the cruise line and asked if I could simply buy two tickets and save myself a $1,000. The answer? "NO". If I were to show up at the ship without another person along, they would charge me another $1,000 to get on board.

So, unless anyone out there wants to take a 5 night cruise to Bermuda the first week of July, I'm gonna have to look for another vacation. Sheesh!

UPDATE: This whole thing got me so worked up, that I really want to diss the cruise line. The COMPANY POLICY for Royal Carribean cruises, is that a single person buying a ticket, pay 200% the standard per person rate for double occupancy. Listen, I don't WANT to go on a "singles cruise". I simply want to go away BY MYSELF and relax for a few days. How hard should that be? And more to the point, WHY should I be discriminated against for it? I'm used to paying full price for a hotel room designated for two people - no biggie - I get it, but 200%???!! They might as well hang a sign on the door that single people need not apply. Do me a favor and boycott them.
posted by Broadsheet @ 11:48 AM  
3 Editorial Opinions:
  • At June 11, 2005, Blogger Zenchick said…

    ditto.

     
  • At June 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ditto again.

    But just to split hairs, absent the word "more," it's accurate to say 300% rather than 200% (3000 being 200% MORE than 1000 while simultaneously being 300% OF 1000).

    Just hate to see you bringing down those hyperbole batting averages ;)

     
  • At June 13, 2005, Blogger Gil said…

    Suckypoo. That ship will probably get lost in the Bermuda Triangle anyway, and THEN you'll have the last laugh!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER