isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Tuesday, May 17, 2005
The top 50 things every foodie should do
A foodie meme . Somewhat UK centric, but fun to read nonetheless.

A note to Nigella Lawson: Girlfriend, SURELY you could have come up with something just a little bit more sensuous than "dismembering a chicken"?

I've only accomplished a mere 12 items on the list, and I don't think #50 is a possibility, although in terms of priority, I have to give credence to #11 (see Nigella? That's what I'm talking about).
posted by Broadsheet @ 6:53 PM  
4 Editorial Opinions:
  • At May 17, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    Obviously none of these "foodies" (which I thought was a pizza) has never had the cold, limp french fries at Joe's snack bar in Jericho, Vermont.

    For what it is worth, I've milked a cow. I think I still remember how.

     
  • At May 17, 2005, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    Robert - to be clear, my twelve answers to the meme were pretty pedestrian - including dimembering a chicken and milking a cow, which I did on my aunt's farm. Added to that farm experience should also be picking asparagus, peppers, peaches, corn, milking cows, etc., and getting it ready for market. I remember going out in the morning to relieve the cows of their urgency into tin buckets, bringing them back to the house, and "straining" it through cloth diapers to filter out the straw.
    After that, we separated the milk (by gravity), and I churned for butter, and we drank buttermilk and whole milk. Unpasteurized, 24 hours old or less.

    Yee Haw.

     
  • At May 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    R.e. item 21:

    There IS NO pier at Coney Island, and there hasn't been for at least 30 years, if ever there was.

    And, for my money, Nathan's dogs and their signature "crunchiness" are the ultimate foodie manifestation of "that's not a bug, that's a feature!" ism.

     
  • At May 18, 2005, Blogger jwer said…

    Perhaps Nigella is having trouble with her new husband... it's all part of my plan to make her mine, of course; while I have no vineyard, she's more than welcome to make love in a grubby basement in Baltimore...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER