isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Sunday, April 03, 2005
Passionate Meals
I wish blogger had a link for smells so I could post the one in my house right now. YUM. And yes, I can smell again!!! Got a good night's sleep and am definitely on the mend.

I'm having a group of the usual suspects over for dinner this evening before we all head over to the David Sedaris reading, and decided to make Indian food. First of all, it's easy to prepare ahead of time and serve when the guests arrive, secondly, I just bought this cookbook and wanted to make something from it (I have a little cookbook addiction - just a little one), and thirdly, I bought an absolutely gorgeous table runner for the dining room when I was in NYC a few weeks ago from an Indian street vendor. It's really luxurious and exotic looking. It was made in Mumbai.

So...Andrew is bringing papadams and Kingfisher Beer, and I picked up freshly made samosas at the market this morning, and then came home and prepared:

Murgh Kahli (Chicken in a spiced tomato almond cream sauce)

Aloo Ghobi Masala (curried cauliflower, potatoes and other veggies)

Spinach Paneer (I even made the cheese/ paneer for this one. I think this dish is liked refried beans - not much to look at, but very yummy)

Saffron Rice

and these guys are bringing dessert (now that they've recovered from pneumonia!).

Champagne's in the fridge, table's set. Off to shower and change clothes......
posted by Broadsheet @ 3:39 PM  
2 Editorial Opinions:
  • At April 04, 2005, Blogger Gil said…

    Perhaps, on the whole, we are lucky Blogger does not have smell capabilities. However, it WAS a lovely smell, and a lovely meal, and a lovely evening.

     
  • At April 05, 2005, Blogger Jen said…

    Yum, can you whip up a mean Palak Paneer?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER