isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Thursday, February 10, 2005
Non-bloggers
Last week, I mentioned that since I started blogging, a few friends had complained that I no longer email them as often as I used to. One of those friends lives out on the West Coast. She's a doctoral candidate in Health Policy at UCLA and one of (if not THE) brightest women I know. We've known each other for more than 15 years. She gave me my first job in healthcare administration. Anyway, she sent me an article from the NYT that I had recently blogged about, so I linked her to the post.

I got an email in response:
So, should I make your blog my homepage instead of the NYT? :-) Yours is actually the first one I've ever looked at.
Well of course you should make it your homepage, but aside from that, it floors me that she hasn't run across weblogs even inadvertently before. I mean, nowadays, if you Google just about anything or anyone, you're bound to generate links to at least one blog or another. And many mainstream news articles mention, or link to, some of the more well-known blogs.

Of course, I just figured out how to download Podcasts to my iPod the other day, so perhaps I'm one step (or more) behind the techno revolution myself.
posted by Broadsheet @ 1:35 PM  
3 Editorial Opinions:
  • At February 10, 2005, Blogger Rambling Rose Cottage said…

    Stumbled upon your blog. Interesting! Thanks!

     
  • At February 12, 2005, Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said…

    Yeah, I recently ran across some research that showed that although blogs have been hot this year, with a huge percentage increase of people knowing about them/doing them over the year before, there are still a whole lot of people who have never heard of them, I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 60%. And recently I've mentioned my blog to some friends (most of my friends are technically very savvy and forward thinking but a few are apparently a bit behind that curve) and they have literally asked, "What's a blog?"

    I do kind of wonder if they've been living under a rock, considering it's been "blog this and blog that" even on the mainstream news...

     
  • At February 12, 2005, Blogger LadyLitBlitzin said…

    Whoops, I guess I meant to say, most of my friends DO know what blogs are, but a few of them just completely had no idea recently.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER