isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Saturday, February 16, 2008
The Flu
They're right - this flu epidemic is resistant to the flu shot, because I got mine and it sure as heck didn't work

Fever of 102 for more than 24 hours? Check. I got it down to 100.5 at one point thanks to Nyquil and Alleve.

Can't get warm no matter how many hot showers or blankets I lie under? Check.

Every joint aches like I'm ninety? Check

Massive headache off and on? Check.

Sleeping for nearly 18 hours straight? Check

No interest in food? Check (Don't worry, I made some scrambled eggs and toast and forced it down)

Sounding like Carol Channing on a bender? Check

Leaving for Aruba in 72 hours? Check - we hope.
posted by Broadsheet @ 7:44 PM  
2 Editorial Opinions:
  • At February 17, 2008, Blogger Charissa said…

    Dear God - you are scaring me. I am the worst sick person ever, and EVERYONE is getting this flu. Please-oh-please-oh-please pass me by. And, yes, yes, yes, I hope you feel better soon. Hugs.

     
  • At February 18, 2008, Blogger CindyWags said…

    The good news is that the virus I've seen only lasts for about 3 days at it's worst. Hopefully you'll be feeling much better by the time your flight takes off!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER