isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Sunday, February 03, 2008
Stress.....
So, I have this big interview on Monday. Do or die kind of gig, and I get a call on Friday morning telling me that I am expected to give a luncheon presentation to the Sr. Exec. team as part of the interview process. Power Point slides, the works. No pressure. YIKES.

Then, my five year old cat decides to get sick yesterday with some sort of bladder infection and is peeing blood all over the place. The vet kept him overnight, but couldn't get any clear test results, and since stress is a major factor in these conditions, and the poor thing was just terrified at the vet, she recommended I bring him home for the weekend and keep an eye on him. He's got meds and he's eating and drinking just fine, but he's still straining and not producing a whole lot. Poor thing. His brother was frantic this morning looking for him - going from room to room crying for his little buddy.

Oh, and my sister arrives any minute for a weekend visit and to hear Mark O'Connor play at the BSO tomorrow. Normally, that's a very good thing, but with the other two things going on, I'm a little distracted at the moment....

UPDATE:

1. The cat is MUCH better. He's urinating regularly and cuddling and snorgling like his old self. Getting him to take his pills is much more difficult.

2. The interview presentation is DONE. And pretty darn good if I do say so myself. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles with animation and graphs that I might like to put in given more time, but it's a damn good overview and outline, and that's what I need to get across.

3. My sister and I had a great time cooking a nice meal last night with a movie and some wine, going to the gym, going to a GREAT concert this afternoon at the Meyerhoff, and out to a very nice dinner at Lemongrass - the hot new Thai restaurant in Little Italy.

4. The stress of the interviews tomorrow still looms, but at least I'm prepared.....
posted by Broadsheet @ 11:00 PM  
1 Editorial Opinions:
  • At February 02, 2008, Blogger Charissa said…

    Geez... I hope that you make it out for some R&R tonight. I feel for you on the cat thing. Elliott still isn't right. It's stressing me out too.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER