isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Mystery Rupees
I stopped to buy a couple of stamps this morning and decided to unload some loose change from the bowels of my purse. After digging out a handful of quarters, I slid them across the counter.

She glanced at one and slid it back - "That's NOT a quarter". I was tempted to argue with her because it was exactly the size, thickness, and color of a quarter, and thought perhaps it was one of the new State Quarters that she simply didn't recognize.

That was before I looked closely and saw the wheat stalks and the word "One Rupee", and "State of India", staring back at me. I'll bet you any money (rim shot), that I picked it up at the Asian market as errant change over the weekend. Too bad one rupee is worth a whopping $.023 cents - not $.25.
posted by Broadsheet @ 9:16 AM  
1 Editorial Opinions:
  • At April 11, 2007, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    Ahh, but even if you're not a collector, it's cool to have foreign currency around, y'know? Also, as a reminder of where you've been, or just to wonder what path across the world they've taken ... oh! Listen to me ramble :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER