isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Sunday, January 21, 2007
And a few steps back....
I've been VERY productive this weekend from a personal / household perspective: exercise, lots of little chores and errands accomplished, cleaning, litterboxes are fresh, recycling gathered, some correspondence completed, started my taxes (still need some paperwork), the fifth load of laundry is in the washer as I type, things put away, cleaned up, etc.... Very satisfying.

However, the ONE thing I really wanted to accomplish this weekend has resulted in nothing but a lot of frustration and a strained shoulder.

I tried to replace the ceiling light fan in the kitchen. Jwer was sweet enough to stop over yesterday morning (with a bribe of good coffee and brunch), and managed to get the old fixture down for me, but got stymied after a lot of effort on his part, when we realized that the new ceiling mount kit wouldn't allow a flush fit with the electrical box in the ceiling because it was too high and it was crushing the dry wall. Trips to Lowe's and Home Depot ensued, and today I took a stab at getting the outlet box extender installed and tried to rehang the fixture. Got it wired without killing myself, but I still can't get a flush mount, and I am not tall enough (unlike Jwer) to easily reach the assembly from the little step stool I have without really exerting myself and risking bodily harm.

So....tomorrow we call Spencer the handyman and let him use a real step ladder and take a stab at it.
posted by Broadsheet @ 5:36 PM  
1 Editorial Opinions:
  • At January 21, 2007, Blogger jwer said…

    It's amazing what I'll do for good coffee and brunch. Or, in this case, not do...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER