isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
I'll Sleep on it
Has anyone out there switched to the new Beta version of Blogger yet? Feedback?

And speaking of sleeping on it, I'm trying to figure out exactly how I slept on my neck or arm last night that pinched a nerve and has left me with a fair amount of neuropathy in my left hand. It's all tingly and numb down the left side of my hand. I thought it would go away in an hour or two, but no such luck. It's bugging me, and it has a dull ache too.

UPDATE: Oh, the advantages of working with a bunch of surgeons... A quick exam in my office reveals that I smooshed (a very technical medical term) my ulnar nerve. The most likely culprit is the 16 pound pillow called "Pumpkin" who insists on using my arm as his own pillow every night. He's really quite insistent about it. He snuggles in and pushes my arm around until he's curled up inside it and lay his head and front legs across it. The doc says it's temporary, should get better in a day or two, and maybe the cat should sleep in a basket tonight.
posted by Broadsheet @ 3:22 PM  
7 Editorial Opinions:
  • At November 15, 2006, Blogger tfg said…

    Your not having a stroke, are you?

     
  • At November 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i switched to the beta blogger and bow my rss feed isn't going thru to blogtimore. :( just so you know.

     
  • At November 15, 2006, Blogger Charissa said…

    I know how you feel, because my cat, Elliott, sleeps on my head. I often wake up with no pillow at all, which explains my chronic neck pain. Grrrr...

     
  • At November 15, 2006, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    tfg: oog iflg ghauw, yset dqot? Drool.

    J$: Hmmmm

    Charissa: Pumpkin has also learned the art of keeping his claws in, and then pushing his paw on my eyelid to open it - trying to wake me up. The cat version of peek-a-boo. When that doesn't work, he'll grab a mouth full of my hair and back up on the bed, trying to lift my head off the pillow.

     
  • At November 16, 2006, Blogger Unknown said…

    Weird. Same thing happened to both my arms this week. I was sleeping on them both funny and woke up in the middle of the night with two dead arms. For three or four days, I had numb, tingly thumbs. So it isn’t gangrene? You just saved me a copay.

     
  • At November 16, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I didn't switch to beta blogger, I just started my blog with it. Like J$, my feed takes a while to show up in blogtimore. Hope your arm is better.

     
  • At November 17, 2006, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    As a commenter, I don't like it because it keeps automatically signing me in as "Jeff" (my real name, who the eff knows where they got that from), forcing me to resign in as "Malnurtured Snay". Unfortunatly, signing in as "Malnurtured Snay" logs me out of Gmail, which is odd since my gmail account is MalnurturedSnay AT Gmail.

    Not a fan of Blogger Beta. But again, as a commenter, not as someone publishing under it.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER