isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Thursday, December 29, 2005
Birthdays and Breakfast of Champions
Tuesday was my Dad's birthday. We celebrated by taking the entire clan to see King Kong and then went to a really nice little Italian bistro for dinner. There are roughly 5 restaurants that don't qualify as fast food / chain restaurants in my entire hometown, so finding a nice little Italian place (that serves wine) for 11 people to celebrate is no mean feat.

I'd have to give Kong 2 thumbs up. If you are willing to suspend all disbelief for 3 solid+ hours, it is a rip roaring adventure flick with something for everyone. It is a bit gory / scary for the little ones however. I myself disliked the bug attack sequence and had to hide my eyes for large portions of it. Squeamish need not apply.

After movie and dinner, we went over to my brother's for cake, ice cream, and some games. Scattergories is a lot of fun, and very good game for a large group with a wide range of ages. In trying to come up with something that begins with the letter "J" and refers to a term used in exercise - I came up with the obvious answer. No, not Jog - Jiggle. I don't know about you, but in my world, "jiggle" comes to mind whenever I think of exercise.

My Dad's birthday is the same day as the birthday of my college roomate's mother. I always ask about her because she's a neat lady with a lot of spunk. She did not dissapoint this year either. When I asked E. how E. Sr's. B-day was, she replied "we celebrated mother's birthday yesterday by using her new waffle maker and having scotch for breakfast."

That's my girl!
posted by Broadsheet @ 1:17 PM  
0 Editorial Opinions:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER