isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
Imposter!!
There can be only ONE.

UPDATE: Well, the haircut, hair color and attitude of my alter ego are pretty much spot on, so what the hell? If Salon is willing to steal my moniker, then I'm willing to "borrow" their image.

Welcome to the one, the only, the original rag = Broadsheet. The new image is a good update for the new year, and my first blogiversary is coming up. Stay tuned for more changes over the Holidays when hopefully I'll have time to fix URLs, update the blogroll, and tweak the template. Like other bloggers, I am considering leaving Blogger per se, and moving to my own domain, but my programming skills to support such a move, are not all that - (New Year - cough - resolution - cough.)

However, last year I took the plunge to begin a blog, and I taught myself the basics of HTML programming with a lot of trial and error. I never bothered with a book, I just read the encoding script of most web pages for a few weeks and figured it out for myself (thank goodness for "cut and paste!"). Once I figured it out, I haven't looked back. I know the quality of this blog has suffered significantly since I took the new job back in July, but hopefully, I'll make a more concerted writing effort (New Year - cough - resolution - cough). I may even take a class in creative writing (New Year - don't hold your breath - resolution - don't hold your breath).

PS: Besides, I've never really looked much like the roof of the British Museum, and even though I liked the photo when I took it last year (and still do!).... A lot has changed since then. A lot of things for the better.
posted by Broadsheet @ 10:30 PM  
1 Editorial Opinions:
  • At December 20, 2005, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    Linda,

    I'll lend you a sword so you can face the imposter-Broadsheet in combat to the death, and make proclaim the sorta-famous line right before you perform a-neato-decapo action!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER