isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Monday, October 24, 2005
Double Bleh
Greetings from Nashville where I am at the Grand 'Ol Opry Convention Center Hotel with 5,000 other health care executives.

This chest cold is kicking my ass. Since the early morning session was none other than Newt Gingrich spewing his views on National Healthcare Policy, and since I was already sick as a dog without listening to him, I slept in a little and went to the later session at 10:00. I started to go downhill from there and finally dragged myself back to my room after lunch, where I am trying to get some work done and medicate this thing away. I spent $16 in the gift shop for 4 Nyquil gel tabs, a pack of kleenex, some Hall's cough drops, and a little bottle of Alleve.

There are things worse than a bad day at work. Being sick in a hotel in Nashville is one of them.
posted by Broadsheet @ 3:03 PM  
4 Editorial Opinions:
  • At October 24, 2005, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    You should stop getting sick.

     
  • At October 25, 2005, Blogger Jen said…

    We were just at the Opryland Hotel for a conference K was attending. In which part of the hotel are you convalescing? If you feel better, take the shuttle into Nashville and check out some of the awesome bars/bands on Broadway.

    And take a day off when you get home, yes?

     
  • At October 26, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ok, so now I don't feel as bad about not getting back to you about a rental laptop. I guess.

    As for me, well, I spent the night drinking w/my boss (who compared himself to Aragorn! and yet aptly!). I think I had: a Troegs Porter, a Belgian Dubbel of some kind, a Schwartzbier, a Duvel, and a couple mystery whiskies. Not to mention the steak and potato.

    And I am pretending I can go to bed without pounding 64 ounces of water and be fine.

    Anyway, the best song I know about Nashville is one dissing it: "Carl Perkin's Cadillac," by the inimitable Drive By Truckers, the best band ever from Alabama.

    Ciao,
    T

     
  • At October 26, 2005, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    Neckbone: bleh.

    Tom: Drive by Truckers are de bomb! The hotel had a nifty little wireless adapter dealy for this piece of crap laptop I brought (for a mere $300 refundable deposit). Saved my ass.

    Jen: Given the way I feel, leaving this compound for sight seeing is not an option. I think I scared the room service guy this evening.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER