isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Sunday, September 18, 2005
Coyote Ugly
I woke up ugly today.

No real reason. Yesterday, I had the very real pleasure of attending a lovely BBQ Housewarming Party at ACW and ACWF'S to celebrate their first home. It was my first outing since the sudden health care crisis of last weekend, and I was beginning to feel better, and on the mend in general. Had a lovely time with ACW and ACWF's friends and relatives. Especially ACW's Dad and his Grandma, who at the age of 87, really, really, really, hates France and the French. Be afraid President Chirac, be very afraid. More on that, and the mysterious bungalow in the backyard later.

Today, I was supposed to go to the Irish Festival at the Armory across the street from my house with This guy and his family, but I awoke to a strange, alien rash on my chest, and when he called saying that the dear wife also did not feel well, I had all the excuse I needed to thankfully beg off.

I'm glad I did. The sunburn I woke up with has progressed to a full-on hive / itchy / nasty / ugly / scale of inflamed blisters across my entire torso, back, and thighs. Benadryl and Cortisone cream have had no effect. I'm sure it's a side effect from a week of high dose, high end, high tech antibiotics, but it has left me itchy, miserable and wholly uncomfortable. I called my neighbor, a doctor, to come over and take a look, just to be on the safe side. A deep whistle from your neighbor/ doctor is not a comforting response. She wrote me a scrip for a steroid, and I'm doubling up on the Benadryl (per her OK), but - I can't remember the last time I was this uncomfortable. Everything is sore, itchy and painful beyond belief. And it looks just....just......ewwwww.

I feel pretty, oh, so pretty......
posted by Broadsheet @ 9:43 PM  
1 Editorial Opinions:
  • At September 19, 2005, Blogger acw said…

    Well, we're glad you could make it out. I hope the rash isn't ACW's-first-home-related. Feel better!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER