isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Monday, May 09, 2005
Update
I will finish the Jazzfest posts, and pick up the pace again tomorrow - I promise!! I had a very fun and full social calendar this past weekend, and I've had some very difficult and stressful issues at work before /since I returned from vacation (and I do not blog about work issues or work people on this blog - so just get over it), but frankly, the weather's been so damn NICE, that there have been other things to do!!!

Things like work in the garden, use the grill, talk to your neighbors, go for a walk in the evenings, sit out on the deck and have a glass of wine with a friend / neighbors ..... and tomorrow night I'm going to another Oriole's game. I know, I should just get season tix, but that would limit me to going to the games with the same people in the same seats, and the beauty of my life is that I get to go to the games with an extremely wide variety and number of friends at any given time, and we always have a different venue. And the beauty of Camden Yards, is that there is truly no bad seat in that stadium. If it's a slow or less than important game/series - we can usually "upgrade" our seats to lower level, third baseline, reserve tickets if there are only 2 or 4 of us, by the top of the third inning. If the Yankees are in town - forget it. Oh, wait, that was last year. It will probably be open seating by the time we sweep (oops - I meant "play") them again. :-)

Tomorrow night it's the Minnesota Twins, and although they are doing well, they have been on the verge of being dissolved / sold for the last 2 seasons now, so we'll see.

At any rate, it's supposed to be another gorgeous spring day / evening weather wise, and while that trend continues, blogging will be somewhat lighter than in the winter months. We've been really blessed with the weather lately.

Yes, given this, I should change the name of the blog to "Fair Weather Blogger". I had every intention of coming home this evening and putting my notes and links together from Jazzfest, but I got home late, and by the time I walked in the back gate, the Boys Next Door had the grill going and the wine had been poured, and I haven't gone grocery shopping since I got back, so a dinner opportunity sort of presented itself.

Further rationalization will show that I still need to watch the Tivo-ed episodes of "Desperate Housewives, Deadwood, Veronica Mars, etc" from when I was gone and ......yeah - well, at least I post more than some people I know!
posted by Broadsheet @ 8:46 PM  
4 Editorial Opinions:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER