isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Sunday, April 17, 2005
Sunshine
Today was most definitely the nicest day of 2005 thus far, and will be pretty hard to beat weather wise. I spent the morning cutting the grass and cleaning up the yard of its winter detritus and got the flower beds ready for planting and mulching, cleaned the house from top to bottom, and settled in to watch the Yankees game and read the NYT while waiting for my cousin and his wife to arrive.

They showed up around 3:30, and we visited while watching the rest of the game - SERIES CLEAN SWEEP!! Orioles are now #1 in MLB - don't blow it guys.

After the game, we went for a walk in the neighborhood - it was SOOO pretty - and stopped for an early dinner at 'b', and sat outside at a cafe table. They had never been there before, and we had my favorite waiter, Michael, so we were treated very well as always. They loved it. They are off to an event at the Meyerhoff Symphony this evening, so my hosting duties are complete.

Just a nice, nice, nice, spring day....
posted by Broadsheet @ 6:53 PM  
3 Editorial Opinions:
  • At April 17, 2005, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    I just got home from running down to Barnes & Nobles in Towson to buy "Home Buying for Dummies."

     
  • At April 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Orioles: 8-4
    Dodgers: 9-2

    "Best in MLB"?????? Only if that stands for "Myopic Little Bal'mer."

    But three-way tied for best in the AL we are, and that's good enough for me.

    PS: The coolest thing about today's game was that I returned home and turned on the TV at literally the very instant the ball was leaving the Yankee's pitcher's hand on the way to Miguel Tejada's bat.

    Nice.

    PPS: Nice day indeed, but it turns out I've got a pleasant spring sore throat/head cold. LiquiGel is my friend!

     
  • At April 17, 2005, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    Malnurtured: Good Boy!! It's not that scary or complicated, especially when your finances aren't too complicated, and I imagine yours are not! I'd be happy to help in any way I can. I made the best investment of my life on this house, and you should try to do the same.

    Mark - I'm telling you, like I told Jac: Alleve Cold and Sinus Tabs. Matter of life and death.

    PS Sorry about the overstatement. But then, I NEVER do that.....

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER