isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Tuesday, April 12, 2005
Old People Do Not Get Punk
OK - I deserve this, but I defend my criticism of the "One Chord Wonder" opening act - Hell, I played better guitar in the Folk Band at Catholic Mass in the 70's. Use a kapo for Ch__ - I mean heck's sake!!.

My elderly low point in the evening came when our young colleague, Steve, admitted he was 7 years old in 1987 regarding a concert event. I had already well graduated from college at this point! It helps that he's hopelessly cute!! (but yes - very white) as Jwer notes in his review.

The rest of the review is accurate as far as I remember, which is much less certain than even Jwer gives me credit for. And yes, I was pretty obviously the oldest person at the show which is even more extra special.

Rock On Dudes!

The Old Lady
posted by Broadsheet @ 2:10 AM  
2 Editorial Opinions:
  • At April 12, 2005, Blogger jwer said…

    I still have to know, what the hell were you doing in the mid- to late-70's? You were probably being a Good Girl, weren't you? God, it's all so embarrassing...

     
  • At April 12, 2005, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    y'know, its funny n' all, but from what i remember of the happy hour, you & jwer are both white ...

    :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER