isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Tuesday, January 25, 2005
Stella Awards - Mea Culpa
Thanks to a personal comment from Orac, this is a humbling example of having a blog for a mere 2 weeks.

I have deleted a recent post regarding outrageous medical lawsuits known as the "Stella Awards" because it was (1) a hoax, and (2) it was one of those internet e-mails that sounded too good to be true.

In all matters of fairness and disclosure, I will link to:Snopes for full disclosure.

Just as I was quick to forward this to my e-mail list of friends in the past, this is a perfect example of the impact and relative importance of weblogs and the responsibility that accompanies them in posting stories that have been vetted. I stand corrected and I apologize.

Learning as I go.....
posted by Broadsheet @ 9:05 PM  
3 Editorial Opinions:
  • At January 26, 2005, Blogger Orac said…

    It's not a big deal. Heck, if it were me I wouldn't necessarily have even deleted the post. I would have left it up as an example of just how easy it is to be taken in by urban legends.

     
  • At January 26, 2005, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    Orac: Thanks doc. I thought about just posting a comment or update, but if people don't read the comments, then this kind of stuff keeps getting perpetuated. Besides, I probably spent too much time during the snowstorm listening and reading to last weekend's Harvard conference on Blogging, ethics, and credibility..... Like you blog BTW. I can help you with your sidebar font leaking into the boddy of the post if you need it.

     
  • At January 26, 2005, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    Geez Louise - can I just apologize for the spelling in that last one? And thanks a lot Blogger - for not letting the site administrator edit comments. Hmmmph

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER