isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Read any good books lately?
OK Internet peeps, this summer when I headed out on a long weekend road trip, I asked for some audio book recommendations to keep me busy, and you really came through for me.

Well, this Friday I'm headed up the coast to New England for a few days, and from there I will drive to Ithaca to check things out overnight on my way across NY State to my sister's house on Lake Erie for Turkey day. From there, I will swing south to my parent's place for a few days before making the trek home to MD after the Holiday weekend.

All told, that's about 24 - 26 hours of driving to kill.

Music and book recommendations welcome. What's on YOUR iPod?
posted by Broadsheet @ 10:15 AM  
2 Editorial Opinions:
  • At November 12, 2007, Blogger Charissa said…

    I know "Until I Find You" is in audio book... it's so super good if you can accept Irving's weirdness.

     
  • At November 13, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I really enjoyed "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by the "Kite Runner" author Khaled Housseini. Also, although I haven't tried it, I've heard good things about the Librivox site where you can listen to/download thousands of books free. Non-copyright-protected books are recorded and submitted on a volunteer basis by readers.

    Youngest Sister

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER