isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Sunday, January 22, 2006
It can only get better......
I started off the day by stumbling downstairs to put on a pot of coffee so that I could partake in my weekly Sunday morning ritual of Charles Osgood, and the NY Times.

Filtered water, and freshly ground beans (mmmm Hazelnut cream no less). Freshly ground beans which, upon hitting the filter basket, caused it to unhinge from the coffee maker and spray all over the kitchen floor. A fine carpet of coffee grounds all over the kitchen. F---k. Get the vacuum, Hoover them up, and start over. Not an auspicious start to the day.

I'm test driving the slow cooker I got for Christmas today with a lamb daube. It's been marinating in wine for 2 days now, so I plugged it in, and hopefully, eight hours from now, I'll have a nice dinner with leftovers for the week.

Oh well, maybe a swim will make things a little better. I joined the Meadowbrook Aquatic Center as part of a New Year's resolution (it's right by work, so I have very little excuse), and have been trying to be good about hitting the pool a couple of times a week. I was on the swimming team as a kid, and it's the only exercise I really enjoy, besides hiking. No Michael Phelps sightings yet (he trains there), but then again, I try to go in the off hours to avoid doing laps with Olympians. Anybody know of a reliably waterproof MP3 player?

Oh Yeah - and GO STEELERS!!!!!! May have to go for that swim AFTER the big game today.
posted by Broadsheet @ 11:10 AM  
0 Editorial Opinions:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER