isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Monday, December 05, 2005
The City of Self-Deprecation
The WP has an article in today's paper about the campaign to "re-brand"Baltimore.

In typical fashion, Wonkette riffs on the article.

I especially liked: "Baltimore: Duck!", and "Baltimore: Got Some Real Bargains, Housing Wise".

How about "Baltimore: Where Snowstorms Signal the Appocalypse", or "Baltimore: The City That Can't Handle Snow".
posted by Broadsheet @ 12:42 PM  
4 Editorial Opinions:
  • At December 05, 2005, Blogger Malnurtured Snay said…

    Speaking of which, first flake I see I'm calling Greg, "Yeah, I'm calling out because I'm a stereotypical native Marylander who is scared to death to drive in the snow."

     
  • At December 05, 2005, Blogger Unknown said…

    I actually liked what the wonkette article said. I thought it captured us both accurately and nicely.
    Also, I could not agree more with what it said about San Fran. Never have I been to a city that was more beautiful and whose people I have despised more. God, they're asses.

     
  • At December 05, 2005, Blogger Cham said…

    I always like other cities and have a great time traveling, but I am always happy to come home.

    The flying bullets help keep the suburban riff-raff out.

     
  • At December 05, 2005, Blogger Broadsheet said…

    Snay: I can't believe they let schools out early today!

    eebmore: I loved the Wonkette spot too, and yes, the people lucky enough to live in SF are some of the oddest folk ever.

    cham: Yes, I'm proud of the bullet hole in my outdoor dining table. My mother was less enthusiastic.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER