isnaini_blogtemplate23
Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self. - Cyril Connolly
Friday, November 25, 2005
The Day After
You know what's even better than Thanksgiving Day with a wonderful meal, the whole family milling about, and hanging around the fireplace? The day AFTER Thanksgiving.

There is no agenda.

I don't owe anyone anything that's due.

I have no deadlines to meet.

There are no expectations of me.

I don't have to make any decision harder than which book to read, or which leftover to eat, because there is no shopping or cooking to be considered.

There are no nagging household chores waiting to be accomplished, because I'm not home!

There is no where I have to be at any given time, only where I want to be.

Sleep can occur in the form of naps at any time at all.

The term "hanging out" becomes a reality.

Now, you'll have to excuse me while I go have some more coffee, followed by a sauna and a steam shower, and then some reading and perhaps a nap after lunch. Or maybe a movie with the kids, or maybe more reading, or maybe just playing with the kids, or....maybe the possibilities are endless.
posted by Broadsheet @ 9:34 AM  
0 Editorial Opinions:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
Publisher

Name: Broadsheet
Home:
About Me: The Editor in Chief
See my complete profile
Mainstream Media

World News: Darfur/Sudan

Left Handed Editors

Right Handed Editors

The Personals

Food and Wine

Literature, Academia, Arts, and Culture

Healthcare and Technology

Book Reviews

The Tabloids

Previous Post
Archived Editions
Classifieds

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)

Blog Baltimore

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blogarama - The Blog Directory

ripple

Save the Net

Blogtimore Hon

Powered by

BLOGGER